Saturday, October 31, 2009

Any yankees (from Massachuetts or Vermont for example) here with ancestors who fought in the union?

How do you feel when today%26#039;s Republican Party tries to get credit for what your ancestors did?



I look at the election map of 2000 and 2004 and I see that today%26#039;s Republican Party is based in the South instead of the northeast/upper midwest. Instead these states generally vote Democrat today.



Any yankees (from Massachuetts or Vermont for example) here with ancestors who fought in the union?

My first maternal ancestor came from Scotland and was a General in the Revolutionary War. He lived in South Carolina, I live in Kentucky



Any yankees (from Massachuetts or Vermont for example) here with ancestors who fought in the union?

I%26#039;m first-generation American on one side, and native American on the other...so no, I don%26#039;t have a CW ancestor, though I wish I did. I%26#039;ve been studying it for many years :)



That being said, it cracks me up to hear the Republicans call themselves the %26quot;Party of Lincoln%26quot;. What don%26#039;t they GET about the fact that, in Lincoln%26#039;s time, the Republicans WERE the Liberals, and the Democrats the Conservatives?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Credit Mobilier Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting