Saturday, October 31, 2009

Disputed Item, delted on only one Credit Bureau, what about the other 2???

I recently had a negative charge-off that I paid in full removed from Equifax. I did not dispute this item w/ Trans Union or Experian because I didn%26#039;t want my score to go way down by disputing items, so i only contacted Equifax. The paid charge-off has been deleted from Equifax and now I think it is only fair that TU and Experian remove this derogitory item as well as I am trying to obtain a mortgage and this is highly affecting my score. Once this got removed, my Equifax score went up over 100 points. If i Dispute this with the other 2 major bureaus, can the colleciton agency come back and say that they won%26#039;t delete it from the TU and Experian? Why would they remove it from one bureau and not the other 2, can this happen, or since it is deleted from Equifax, the other 2 bureaus have to report the same thing? I don%26#039;t want to ruin my chances and want to take care of this matter the best way possible. Let me know if anyone has any advice! Thanks!



Disputed Item, delted on only one Credit Bureau, what about the other 2???

You have to dispute it with each of them. That%26#039;s the only way that it will be dropped off of them.



Your credit score will NOT go down by disputing erroneous information. I%26#039;m not sure where you heard that but it%26#039;s totally false.



Disputed Item, delted on only one Credit Bureau, what about the other 2???

You need to contact the other 2 and dispute it with them as well.



Disputed Item, delted on only one Credit Bureau, what about the other 2???

There is a difference between erasing a record and fixing a record. If you had a debt, and you pay, the record of the debt is not erased. Merely, another entry is made to the effect that you paid. It could be your situation. That said, there are circumstances where a record can be erased. One common is the mistaken entry. If you can prove that what the record says is wrong, the bureaus would erase the record.



The mission of the bureaus is to keep information of individuals so banks and others can judge creditworthiness. That is the reason why they accept new information when it comes, or why they correct mistakes when pointed out.



If I were you, I would request my credit report from the other bureaus. If the problem exist on their records, explain the same thing you explained to the Equifax. You paid your debt, the collection agency is duty bound to confirm this when asked. Once the bureaus confirm it, the record would be erased/modified. If the problem is not registered, just move on with your life. The situation is as if the record was erased.



Disputed Item, delted on only one Credit Bureau, what about the other 2???

I have some experience with this i had a small bill taht i paid back. i asked why only one credit agency had shown it as being paid. The comp. i paid said they only have to report to one credit bureau. Its actually good to dispute items on your credit report if it means accurate info. which will improve your score as it did with equifax. my advice keep all reciepts of payments from old creditors if they dont remove or update your file. certify mail them a copy of the payment and just send a note that say please update my credit report this debt is paid. thats what i did for a few bills i had that companys failed to notify all 3 bureaus. always get a reciept thats your only proof you paid. just mail them proof you paid or settled or whatever and they should fix it. it worked for me. good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Credit Mobilier Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting