Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Found my SSN on cable company's Data base that i never used before in my life. What should i do

Moving to a new place decided to get the cable hooked up when the rep told me that my ssn is in use. I have never used this cable company in my life before. I checked my credit history from one of the 3 credit companies, namely trans-union and nothing abnormal about it. Working on getting the other 2. Any body in similar situation? suggestions



Found my SSN on cable company%26#039;s Data base that i never used before in my life. What should i do now?

Check your credit report with Equifax and trans union. Also you can go to Equifax.com and put a fraud alert on your ssn and then that company will process your request and then forward your request to the other two credit bureaus then you should be set. You should always check your credit report, you can do it manually with the company and you can find that info out online at the website before mentioned above or you can submit your request online at www.equifax.com It cost nine dollars for a full credit report. Some even advise for free but I would rather pay for it. That way I know for sure. But just go online and go to the site and check it out.



Found my SSN on cable company%26#039;s Data base that i never used before in my life. What should i do now?

File a police report of identity theft. That is the first thing you need to do...Then contact the credit agencies and write to them letting them know the situation. This way everything is in writing and you protect yourself.



Found my SSN on cable company%26#039;s Data base that i never used before in my life. What should i do now?

with all of the mergers and acquisitions going on... it could just be the same parent company. i would find out more about that cable company first. might not need to worry about it especially since u%26#039;ve already ran the credit reports, etc.



Found my SSN on cable company%26#039;s Data base that i never used before in my life. What should i do now?

Some cable company%26#039;s require a social security number when applying for the service--credit check.



If you have never used the cable company before or any of its parent company%26#039;s the problem maybe a simple error that someone else provided the wrong ss number.



It is always wise to check your credit report at least once a year. You can get these reports free once a year. Be careful that you do not link to a company that actually charge.



The following link will help you avoid this;



http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/edcams/cr...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Credit Mobilier Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Baby Blog Designed by Ipiet | Web Hosting